Tuesday 4 June 2024

Jars of clay

“So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.”Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Allowing our sinful nature to control our lives is like allowing a seven year old to control the family home. Children generally are selfish and immature. Unfortunately many adults are the same.

Discovering my own selfishness is continually a shock. When I discover my unwillingness to share or give away small things, I realise ‘hey! I’m selfish!’ I then repent and pray for the Holy Spirit’s help.

The journey to selflessness goes beyond giving up all home possessions and selling my precious car to come and live in Nepal. I thought I had made it to selflessness there, but God saw the deeper pot of tar hiding away out of view. Now He has me where He wants me, and He is working on the tar. Lord, have mercy!

Allowing God to shape and mould us is: as He finds the knots of stone in our jar of clay, He then smashes it down and begins again. He has an image of what I am to become, like His Son. How long will that take I wonder?

To God be the glory! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment