Saturday 8 June 2024

Personal God

“The Lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.”Exodus‬ ‭33‬:‭14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Notice God has offered to go with Moses Himself, not sending an angel or a pack of angels. When Jesus left the earth He said He would send us the Holy Spirit who would reside in us to comfort, lead and guide us. I do not need a grotto, an idol, a church building to find God, the living God, He lives within me. That, right there, is worth a WOW! Church buildings are nothing more than building where a group of believes gather together to worship, pray and hear teaching from the word of God. We are not all able to discern the word of God for ourselves and we need people.

Today in Nepal is rest day and when Christian Nepalis gather to worship. I am about to go to such a gathering. These people know how to sing and pray. They put the Western church to shame. Tomorrow I attend my English service with fellow English speaking bideshi. I am looking forward to that as I can pray and worship with understanding. However, I miss the Nepali roar in prayer.

My God is with me, He is good. God told Moses He would pass His goodness before him. I wonder what that was like? amazing and breath taking I am sure!

Holy Spirit come: pavitra aatmaa aunhos.


No comments:

Post a Comment