Sunday 9 June 2024

Who do I fear?

““Dear friends, don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that. But I’ll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, he’s the one to fear.”Luke‬ ‭12‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I have made a decision to veer away from the word of the day in my bible AP and write more about what I am studying.

Yesterday, I preached a small message in the little Nepali house church I attended, I actually spoke in Nepali, however, the leader’s wife went over what I said and explained it more, then, to my delight the leader took up my message and boldly preached. I loved it. They love the painting I did of five sparrows. My message was called 5 Sparrows and taken from Luke 6-9. After church I taught my friends how to play UNO. Then they took me to dinner with their relatives. Rupa’s older brother (dai) works with the AOG in Nepal. We had a lively discussion. I discovered that many church pastor’s are compromising their faith by do whatever they can to make money, even changing their faith to Seventh Day Adventists. He asked that I be available to assist them in any way I can. I replied, Yes!

The translation task I have before me with David Pawson’s work is very much needed. David was a no compromise man. His teaching, translated into Nepali, will do well here. I am also looking for more to translate. Godly teaching is a must!

My new friend told me of the dangers of being caught preaching as a foreigner. I said, “I do not fear!” I have had a good life and am ready to go to my Lord whenever He chooses and will take the risk of stirring up Satan. I fear God more than man as my God holds eternity in His hands. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment