Thursday 29 August 2024

A life in the spirit

“From now on, worshiping the Father will not be a matter of the right place but with a right heart. For God is a Spirit, and he longs to have sincere worshipers who adore him in the realm of the Spirit and in truth.”John‬ ‭4‬:‭23‬-‭24‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Coming to God is not a formality, a duty but rather a glorious joyful encounter. Yesterday morning I prayed that the Lord would give me an opportunity to share Him with my neighbours. Before going to Bible study last night I went to the store to buy some snacks to share. When I returned an elderly Nepali woman was making her way up the steep road beside our flat. I cheered her on. She showed me blood results which I could read and see she had an infection. In Nepali I asked if I could pray for her, she responded in the affirmative, and so I did, right there. When I entered my flat my flatmates were sitting on the couch and I told them what had happened. I asked them to pray for the woman with me, and we did. At Bible study we also prayed for her. This morning I saw her on her rooftop sweeping. God will keep her in my prayers.

Our beautiful saviour longs to touch hearts and minds. If we ask Him He will use us for His glory. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment