Wednesday 14 August 2024

Abandon

“Let me emphasize this: As you yield to the dynamic life and power of the Holy Spirit, you will abandon the cravings of your self-life.”Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

When I make decisions outside of the Holy Spirit I am buffered by doubt, fear and anxiety. Recently a friend was telling me of a financial problem and I knew I could help, however I knew more about why this need had arisen. I allowed shame to motivate me rather than the Holy Spirit and offered to help, later I regretted my offer. On Sunday I prayed for guidance as now fear was my portion. The Lord, instead prompted me to buy a pair of shoes for a woman in meed and I knew the difference, a release in my spirit. There was no shame or fear here.

When I am caught in the flesh I know I am there as I tend to complain. I hate complaining people and despise it in myself. However, when I act in the Spirit I am free from all the ugly trappings of the flesh.

Currently, my study load is heavy and as I told my tutor she railed against the school, but that was a trap, another complaining trap. What has faith to say about this? Faith says: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! ( Philippians 4:13). It will require study at home , but I can do it. I love my college instructor and fellow students and so I will prevail. Last night I spoke to a senior student as she said she studied several hours a day, there is the answer.

There is always a ‘life filled’ answer. I must seek it first before acting on issues that the Lord wants to be involved in. I am sure He is not concerned about the brand of coffee I use.

There is a kingdom priority . In fact Jesus said: ‘seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added into you’(Matt 6:33).amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment