Sunday 18 August 2024

God is able

“The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”Mark‬ ‭9‬:‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Today in church we had a message about Issac, how his life was similar to his father in most ways. One thing that differed was when a drought came in the land and Issac headed off to go to Egypt God told him not to go but stay in the land. He had travelled as far as Gerar, Abimelech’s land. Like his father he lied about Rebecca being his sister instead of his wife. Like his father he was unable to trust God for his beautiful wife. 

This is so typical of us. There are many things we are able to trust God in and yet many others we are not able. When necessary we can also pray, ‘Lord help my unbelief!’ If we are honest we all are tested the same and grown into faith or walk away from faith. The choice is ours.

Today as I face new challenges I must decide to allow God to be God and handle what He promises to handle. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment