Thursday 15 August 2024

Let it shine

“Let giving flow from your heart, not from a sense of religious duty. Let it spring up freely from the joy of giving—all because God loves hilarious generosity!”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭9‬:‭7‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Today in class a student was eating a sweet and when asked he had none to share. The resident giver did that, she even gave one to the student who did not share. She already has a reputation for generosity.

I know which I prefer, a generous reputation. However, with one person I know I am viewed as ungenerous. He recently needed $3000US to have momentarily in his bank for his visa. I was willing but he also needed another 20,000R. He asked for that amount first, this then prevented me from giving the former amount.  It does not matter what perceptions people have, it matters that I am obedient to Holy Spirit. When I stand before Him that is the day I need to hear, ‘we’ll done’.

In my class two of us are Christians, we have a role to present Jesus. Generosity is one such way we show His grace. Consistency and good attitude are others. May His light shine! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment