Saturday 10 August 2024

My testimony

“Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭105‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Last night whilst crunching on toasted wheat I lost part of a tooth. The thought came to me, ‘be careful of this tough grain you teeth may break’. I chewed on the side that I thought was stronger, but lost. I should have listened to wisdom. I apologised to the Lord. Fortunately dentistry is cheap here in Nepal.

It is important to listen to the still small voice, it is also important to keep our hearts with Him for there is safety. I had a fall when feeling sorry for myself, which took me outside the safety zone. In the zone I am safe. I rarely get caught up in self-pity as I despise it. 
However, Satan knew how to trip me. I had a 1 1/2 hour ride through storms to college that day and returned to the grocery store near me before going home. The driver was complaining about the fare. I had to carry three grocery bags, plus a collection of toilet rolls, my backpack and my helmet (I take motorbike taxis as they are cheaper and more fun). I had deposited the bags inside the flat, said hello to my flatmates and went out to shut the heavy gate. I was having a ‘poor me’ attitude and fell resulting in extreme pain in my right arm. There was swelling at the wrist and I knew I was in trouble. I claimed no breakages and Praise God had none. He was gracious to me. As well in my screaming with pain I called ‘Jesus, Jesus, Jesus’, ‘healing, healing, healing!’ I contacted my prayer chain in Australia and when that kicked in peace came and the intensity of the pain left. I am so grateful for my prayer warriors.

My testimony carries me, I know I can call upon the Lord and prayer warriors. I know my God is there for me even though ex-rays say I have weak bones. He holds me together! Amen! Satan cannot desteoy what God holds together! Amen!

1 comment: