Friday 23 August 2024

Trials

“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭3‬-‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

As I seek greater presence of the Holy Spirit I encounter trials that would prune away my flesh; my pride, selfishness and self-righteousness. My Lord does this through conflict, relational problems, physical distress and financial challenges, but mostly relational problems.

I share a flat with two other women and we have our challenges together, but they all aid us in shedding the flesh and seeking God’s Holy Spirit.

I praise God that He is interested in a pure bride, one He would delight in, and one that would not bring Him grief. Whilst we are on earth we have an opportunity to be cleansed and purified. Rather than wailing and complaining He makes a way. Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment