Wednesday 28 August 2024

Who is at the door?

““Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.”Revelation‬ ‭3‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

This scripture is often quoted in relation to the unsaved, however, on the contrary, it was spoken by Jesus to the church at Laodecia. If we read the full message to the church we discover that they thought they were doing well because they were rich, however Jesus said, ‘you are neither hot or cold, but you are lukewarm, I wish you were hot or cold but because you are lukewarm I will spit you from my mouth’ (Rev 3:15,16).The city of Laodecia was destroyed in an earthquake in 60AD. 

The church in Laodecia sounds like many of the churches today, particularly in the West. We can learn from this lesson. Jesus is not only saviour, He is Lprd and will give justice (sometimes that justice is judgement).

No comments:

Post a Comment