Wednesday 16 October 2024

Doing my bit

“Put into practice the example of all that you have heard from me or seen in my life and the God of peace will be with you in all things.”Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭9‬ ‭TPT‬‬

As I read this I ask myself, ‘who’s life can I copy?’ I cannot copy anyone I know back in Australia; I do not know people in Nepal well enough to copy them; I am drawn to Jesus and perhaps Paul however, Jesus I have studied the most. Preachers I listen to, BillJohnson mostly,  have their own cultural ways and preferences that I do not share, but one thing I do share is my love for Jesus. I am encouraged in this.

Who will follow me? I am responsible for being an example to my children and grandchildren; those the Lord gives me to disciple; those I encounter as I share Jesus. I cannot live for selfish reasons and ambitions. I am a witness for what Jesus can do in a person.

Jesus laid down His eternal position to live amongst sinful man, He taught a new way of understanding of the Father and His ways; He gave His life on the cross for all sin and He rose again to give us all eternal life. If Jesus can do this for me, surely I can do my bit for Him. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment