Monday 14 October 2024

The best gift

“And what is God’s “living message”? It is the revelation of faith for salvation, which is the message that we preach. For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will experience salvation.”Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭9‬ ‭TPT‬‬

There are two actions here: confess with our mouths ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in our hearts that ‘God raised Him from the dead’. When we confess with our mouths ‘Jesus is Lord’ we agree that He is the Christ and we also agree He is God. This is the start of our understanding of the two natures of Jesus (Holman’s Study Bible footnotes- as articulated in Council of Chalcedon 451AD).

When I became born again I could not stop sharing what Jesus had done for me. My heart was full of gratitude and joy. His beauty so consumed me I overflowed with joy, I had to tell people why I was so joyous.

I wanted to be with people who had the same joy and together praised Jesus, and then went out to share Him with others. I must confess I did not enjoy street witnessing but rather at work as a nurse I had a captive audience. One man I shared Jesus with, many years later, met me in my home town and told me that he had become born again. He was one of many.

I continue to share Jesus with people, I look for opportunities to talk to people who will receive what I have to say. Most times we share a similar background in western countries. In Nepal I am seeking opportunities to see people healed and then preach the gospel. 

Jesus is the single best thing I can give anyone! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment