Friday 18 October 2024

What do I crave?

“How enriched you are when you crave righteousness! For you will be satisfied.”Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭6‬ ‭TPT‬‬

These are Jesus’ words from His sermon on the mount. I do crave righteousness. However, I stoop to self-righteousness. Why do I do this? I find in myself a pride that is wrong. Pride is what caused Satan to fall. Pride will cause me to fall if I allow it room to rule. I also find myself being judgemental against my fellow Christians when they frustrate me (usually when I am trying to bring something to pass in my own strength).

Like Paul I must cry out: ‘what a wretched woman I am, who will deliver me from this body of sin? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but my flesh, to the law of sin.’ (Romans 7:24,25 HCAB)

Paul also wrote: ‘none is righteous no not one’(Roman’s 3:10). Paul is repeating David’s words here from Psalm 14:1. David knew this truth and spoke prophetically about the coming saviour.

The answer to my quest for righteousness is Jesus. When I seek Him I receive His righteousness and so do not need to stoop to baking my own. The righteousness He gives is clean and free from corruption. It is pure in God’s sight. There is no need for pride because pride is manufactured by sin. What glorious freedom is ours in Jesus! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment