Quick…
“Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.” James 1:19 NLT
This is easy to say but harder to do. I am travelling through Denmark with two friends. Yesterday I was driving and one friend, a guy, was in front with me and barking at me for driving too close to the right verge of the road. I told him to be quiet in a commanding tone as he was being bossy and not giving me space. He backed off.
My challenge is always to not take the behaviour of others to heart. Again when we stopped for lunch he was off about the cost of the food and I replied I was tired and hungry and was going to buy food. Eventually he did also. So as not to ruin the day I took my heart in hand. As a result we managed to have a good afternoon and evening.
One of my friends is gluten intolerant and we have to manage our choices based on her diet requirements. I found a restaurant that I thought would be helpful but she found that most of the food was not suitable. She approached the cook and asked what he could do. He provided her with fried rice.
My two friends booked our accomodation and it turned out we were all stuffed in the one room. This is our situation for four more days. We will need the grace of God to survive the time. I know I must cling to the Lord and allow Him to rule my heart.
Perhaps we can pray together! That would be a good start!
Comments
Post a Comment