Everywhere

“Everywhere—from east to west— praise the name of the Lord.” Psalms‬ ‭113‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

An ungrateful and selfish heart would question why we should praise the Lord. I recommend reading the whole psalm, however, the following verses give a good reason:
“He lifts the poor from the dust and the needy from the garbage dump. He sets them among princes, even the princes of his own people! He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the Lord!”Psalms‬ ‭113‬:‭7‬-‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Yesterday ai meet some such people. While waiting for a bus I stood beside a young mother holding her precious baby. I commented on her new baby. She lit up. She was waiting for her young husband to return. When he did they departed.

I arrived in Jalkeni around 11am desperate for a bathroom. I was grateful I found one soon enough. Later in the day I went down to the tea shop below. A little lady was there, along with the proprietors daughter who was splendidly dressed in her outfit she wears to school as a teacher. She teaches disabled children and in physically disabled herself.

The little lady was very keen to interact. I had brought home made cookies I gave her one. She appreciated it. She seemed to understand me better than the young woman. When I asked for coffee she went off to the store and asked the cost. She returned and told me the cost and I went with her to the store. She kindly held my hand.

Many other little ladies came along and so did many children all keen to have a cookie. There were smiles and giggles at receiving a cookie from a white lady. I enjoyed the time.

These people are the people I love. The simple, loving, ordinary people of Nepal. They are the ones that speak to me of the Lords love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

No surrender to fear

Guard your heart