Living in God’s love
“We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.”
1 John 4:16 NLT
One thing I have learned lately is to not walk in fear or act out of fear, but rather to seek God and His love for me and in that His answer.
Yesterday was a prime example. I had flown all the way from Amsterdam to India knowing I did not have a boarding pass for my flight from India to Nepal. It attempted to cause me anxiety and so I kept myself distracted by reading and praising God.
When I landed in India I had to present my checked in statement and ask to have my boarding pass provided. However, the junior staff could only compute that I must exit the airside of the terminal and check in again downstairs, the port side. I constantly replied that was impossible as I did not have a transit visa.
I contacted my friend who had booked the flight and he prayed, as did I. Unknown to me he prayed exactly what I prayed: that God would send someone who could provide the pass. He did! Praise God!
Whilst back in Amsterdam I was tempted to book another flight that would carry me through, but that would cost me up to $1,000. Whilst I had the money I did not want to waste it and I knew fear was attempting to cause me to do that.
I chose faith! I chose to believe what the Holy Spirit was saying over fear. I knew it was a lesson God wanted me to learn so that I would be prepared in my walk of faith. His love is teaching me to trust completely! Amen!
Comments
Post a Comment