Treasure

““Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.”Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

When we set up the flat in Jalkeni for use when we are here to do school presentations about trafficking I asked a local carpenter to make us some furniture, thus it was all new. When we arrived back in Jalkeni after an absenteeism of, for me, some months i saw deterioration.  The furniture was marked and affected by water damage. The carpet we put down had rust and water stains from roof leakage and from a drunk vomiting all over the entrance carpet. I was not happy.

However, after being here a few days and mingling with the people who live in huts with dirt floor it mattered little. The people are why I come, they are lovely.

I went on a bus trip with one of the relatives of my colleague yesterday. The amount of buses we took was not funny. It was hot and humid, the buses noisy with music and loud horns, there was various items blocking the walkway, but the buses were filled with God’s people.

On the return trip, when I was hot and bothered, a woman from behind asked if I had medicine for headaches and chest pain. I replied “No ! But I will pray for you!” She agreed and I did. I had to trust the Lord for His miracle. He makes all things new.

Today we are on a bus again. We are returning to Kathmandu. The locals would have us stay longer, however, as Thomas had completed the presentation and has work in Karhmandu, we will return. I have church commitments, ukulele lessons and people there to love.

I think heaven’s treasure is worth the life we are called to live here on earth. Praise God for that! Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

No surrender to fear

Guard your heart