Confess your sins or?
“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” James 5:16 NLT
It is good to be honest and transparent. We are not very capable at this. We hide and justify, pretend that it was the other person’s fault. The stories that exist in our heads are all pantomimes.
The only alternative to confession of sin is righteousness. Not my own but living in the work Jesus has done for and in me. If you don’t want to confess sin, don’t sin!
If we struggle with confessing we can pray for the Holy Spirit to help. ‘Lord please orchestrate a place and time for me to confess’.
Last Sunday I was sorely offended by the wimpish behaviour of a friend. I was so tempted to gossip, but went to the Lord and sprayed it out to Him. Another person was vindictive about how and when we should pray. It came from a religious spirit. It also upset me, but again I went to the Lord. I prayed for both of these people and left it there and refused to vent. I figure my God is the only one who can change hearts.
David was good at this. He wrote Psalms in order to vent to the Lord. It worked and God loved it! The Lord wants my grief and angst! He is my Father! Amen!
Comments
Post a Comment