Thinking good thoughts

“And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I just awoke after a not so good dream about my son-in-law. I will not dwell upon it but rather pray for him. He has been a good husband to my daughter and a good father to their children. He is a clever salesman in his field of work and I honour him in all these endeavours.

Today I received word that I will receive an unexpected financial payment for my support given to a Pakistani refugee here in Nepal. I am blessed and grateful. It will be used in the next venture.

However, these are both worldly things and cannot consume my mental energy. I must put the Lord’s plans before me. He is more concerned about souls. I am learning to love the lowly and be available to pray and support them.

Paul goes on to encourage the Philippians to follow his example that they saw in him when he was with them. We must follow godly leadership and pray for them. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

Guard your heart

The Good News