Waging war
“We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NLT
I have been presented with a problem. Unknown to me my colleague invited along his father to Sindhulpalchok. His father has a drinking problem. The area we are in has a problem with alcoholism. I am seeking to minister into that problem and have been, it seems, compromised.
If that was not bad enough my colleague took his father with him to the school we are running a program on trafficking. When he showed me the vidoe of the classroom and I saw his father sitting in the classroom I was horrified.
It seems I have a decision to make. I spoke to my colleague in private and told him it was never to happen again. He agreed! However, whilst we were talking we could hear a loud voice from downstairs and I asked who it was. He replied, “it is my father!”
My colleagues testimony and consequently mine has been compromised. I am very much aware that the problem in this area is spiritual. However, this behaviour leads me to want to shut down my colleague. That is my natural inclination. That and the fact that Christian people are selling the alcohol to the trapped alcoholics. What testimony is that?
As I read the whole chapter in which I find this passage Paul was quite cross about the fact that a church he established was being infiltrated by people who were slandering him. He was ready to return and kick butt. A work I have established has been infiltrated by that which I seek to eliminate and see people delivered from in this area.
Whilst Paul says we wage war against spiritual authorities, it did not stop him from writing a very cross letter. I know I must seek God and pray but I also must deal with people. Paul says he is writing in gentleness, and I think, I would not like to see him angry. I am angry, but want to deal with the problem in a godly way.
Show me Lord Your way! Amen!
Comments
Post a Comment