Tuesday 16 October 2012

Following

He led them by a right path to a city where they could live. Psalm 107:7

Being led and following are two distinct but related things. As I yield to the Lord the reins He is able to lead. Being able to follow through the fire, across the stormy seas takes me holding onto my emotions and willing to obediently follow.

As I learn to wait for Him, yield to Him peace fills my heart and I sense His presence more and more. Today I saw Him in His bridal clothes.

I have long had a vision of Him as the groom and He is royally dressed. Today as I drove back to Sydney I was able to spend time with Him, seven hours in fact. I sensed His enjoyment, I must say I enjoyed it as well.

I choose Him first before anything else. He is far purer, more satisfying than any human and yet I enjoy spending time with them as well, at times.

As I submit all areas of my life to Him He grows in intensity, so good!

Following carries a promise: 'a city where I can dwell.' Sounds good!

No comments:

Post a Comment