Friday 12 October 2012

Loneliness

I am like a desert owl, like an owl out among the ruins.
I stay awake, I am like a solitary bird on a roof. Psalm 102:6,7

Love the word pictures.

Loneliness and isolation are common themes in psalms.

Both of these are heavy burdens and a test of strong character.

We might be tempted to get on the telephone, go out to a club or pub, watch a lot of TV, just to feel connected, but loneliness follows us.

The best way for me to deal with this pest is to face it, walk through it to the big comfortable lounge room on the other side where someone is waiting.

This someone knows me well and shows me myself, the one He sees, not the one that plagues me. Different people!

Loneliness is the only way to pass over to this place. There is no way to avoid the pain and fear of the passage. For when you get there it is all different.

There I discover how much I am loved and a little I the plans he has for me. It is there I discover how complete I am in Him.

It is worth the trip, dare to face the journey! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment