Tuesday 9 October 2012

Triumphant Praise

Shout triumphantly to the Lord all the earth. Serve The Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Psalm 100:1,2

This psalm is commanding me to do something I am not feeling, shout triumphantly. It is requiring me to shake something off.

I may not be triumphant or feel that way but He is. It I Him I am commanded to praise.

Perhaps I can start in the little things. Thank You Lord for You have kept me well and continue to do so. Praise you Lord that 'no weapon formed against me shall prosper.' Than You 'if God be for me who can be against me', thank You that 'I am blessed and highly favored of the Lord'.

Thank You that You go before me, thank You that you are my rock, my shield, my shelter, my Lord, my God.

Thank You that 'me who You for knew You also predestined', thank You that I am the 'apple of Your eye', thank You that the hairs on my head are numbered, thank You that You are my counsellor, my comfort, my friend and lover.

Ah! That's better! My spirit is alive and lifted up! Some 'little things' eh? What a big and awesome God I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment