Sunday 13 August 2017

A Powerful High Priest


Therefore, He is always able to save those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them.
Hebrews 7:25 HCSB

This whole chapter is about priesthood and how Jesus was and is the perfect high priest. I grew up in the Catholic faith and experienced many priests but none were able to cleanse me of my sin, no matter how good they were. Yet when I had a personal meeting with Jesus, He washed away all my sin.

There is nothing too hard for Him. He loves the unlovely and interceedes for us. This requires some level of love we do not understand. Not only did this Jesus give His life for our sins, He sits at the right hand of God, interceeding for us: ' just one more day Father, give me one more day to minister to them, pour out Your Holy Spirit on them Father, just one more day.'

Last night I saw a post go out, written by a prophet, calling people to pray for Kim in North Korea. God's heart for this young man is that he is saved from His sins. The rest of the world are preparing for war but God wants His soul. I am sure South Korea would be pleased with that result and so would Guam, the island he is threatening to destroy.

If God would want to save Kim, how much more would He want to save others? We need to partner with the Lord and pray: ' May Your kingdom come, Your will be done!' Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment