Saturday 26 August 2017

Love is Greater

Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13 HCSB

I don't know about you, but there are times I wish this verse did not exist. Why? You might well ask! Think about it in your own life. Are you a person of faith? Then faith is important to you; are you a person of hope? Then hope fills your soul. Myself, I know the love of God and am called many times to display it. Yet at certain times, and with certain people it is hard.

If we examine the full chapter 13, we discover: love believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails. For us, personally, there are those who offend us and tempt us to defy these scriptures. I've got one right now. I have a friend who is making life difficult for me. However, this person is displaying issues that need resolving. What is causing him to behave this way?

There are always reasons why people do what they do. Their behaviour can make us walk away or try and resolve the conflict. Conflict gives us opportunities to discover more about each other and, more importantly, ourselves. Why am I affected by this person's behaviour?

God's word never fails. His love never fails. We need to find Him. The answers are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment