Sunday 18 March 2018

Father's Discipline

Listen, my sons, to a father’s discipline, and pay attention so that you may gain understanding, for I am giving you good instruction. Don’t abandon my teaching.
Proverbs 4:1‭-‬2 HCSB

My eldest grandson is 12. He is beginning to push the boundaries. He is forthright and sometimes outspoken. Whilst Nan (me) might gently pull him up, in a family of five children and two parents his leash is much shorter.

Today as I put him on the plane home I warned him to watch his mouth as it would cause him trouble. He mumbled something like: "it already does!" And he went blissfully on his way.

I spoke to my son tonight and he was in dealing with son mode. My words came true. Now, I know at 12 a young man is impetuous and not inclined to listen. I pray Myer does learn to listen and gain an ear for truth as that will save him.

If adults continue to be impulsive and not listen, they are in for a rough ride. Better to yield to the Lord and be broken than have Him fall upon you and you be crushed.

Wisdom requires a slower action and a clearer ear. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment