Monday 19 March 2018

My God is Faithful


Know that Yahweh your God is God, the faithful God who keeps His gracious covenant loyalty for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commands.
Deuteronomy 7:9 HCSB

Knowing God's faithfulness is something we learn as we trust Him and not run to others or attempt elaborate works of our own. A tendency to flap, squark and act like chickens causes us to, like them, lose our heads.

If I am walking in the path He gave me, trusting Him, then He comes through for me. As I abide in Him and monitor my steps and refuse to go anywhere but the path, then I am blessed by Him.

Refusing to fear or allow our imaginations run is our challenge. Yet, again and again He comes through.he is faithful and true!

Yesterday I travelled for nearly 6 hours through a dust storm and bush fires, from Albury NSW to reach a place I have never been before, Camberwarra, near Nowra on the NEW South Wales coast. Today I head back to Sydney via Shellharbour to see very old friends, who happen to be pastors. We were all saved together in the 70s.

God has kept me safe, provided for my needs and given me delight. Last night I stayed with friends and clients who have just retired from a life in church oversight and now serving the Lord in retirement. They are lovely people and have a lovely home at the base of the Camberwarra mountain.

If we stop fretting and fussing we enjoy God's delights. Let Him be God. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment