Tuesday 27 March 2018

No longer Scarlet

because the Spirit’s law of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
Romans 8:2 HCSB

Sometimes we miss the memory or what it was like to live under law, or then again, perhaps we never knew.

The Old Testament was onerous. The laws to keep in the hope of being considered righteous were never ending. I had a taste of this in Catholicism. Going to confession was the only remedy and the penance given. Never did they make me whiter than snow. Yet, this is what God promised: thou your sins be like scarlet you will be white as snow. Is 1:18

As we approach Easter we come to the season that brought us freedom. Jesus dies for my scarlet to give me the white as snow. I am grateful! How good is He! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment