Saturday 13 October 2018

Default Behaviour


No one undergoing a trial should say, “I am being tempted by God.” For God is not tempted by evil, and He Himself doesn’t tempt anyone. But each person is tempted when he is drawn away and enticed by his own evil desires.
James 1:13‭-‬14 HCSB

If I asked you what was your greatest temptation, would you say chocolate, icecream or some other food item. Yet, in confrontation you are tempted to default to a fleshly reaction, when you have a decision between new habits, self-discipline what do you do? Go with the feel good outcome or the desired outcome.

Our flesh tempts us continually. Laziness allows room for the temptation, lack of desire for a new way leads to default and default is always flesh unless we have put in some hard times to change it.

I remember when cheesecake was a weakness, I had to put up a fight to change, same for chocolate, cake etc. I try to live a life of constructing good habits and pulling down bad. I know I can do it and this encourages me. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment