Thursday 11 October 2018

Joyful, Joyful!


You love Him, though you have not seen Him. And though not seeing Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with inexpressible and glorious joy, because you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8‭-‬9 HCSB

If joy is not present we need to examine ourselves and our focus. So easily we are distracted and encouraged to look at the negative and what is wrong with: ourselves, others, our world etc. Yet what is right with our world. As I write this I am grateful for a most spectacular sunset. The sky reminds me of my glorious Lord. How good is He.

I play my mum cards a lot as she enjoys it and it stimulates her brain after a recent stroke. When I am playing, at times I sense my Gods favour and presence. Why would He bother to bless my cards? Perhaps just to show me He is thinking of me and loves me.

Recently I have been challenged with the thought of writing a book called 'Old Farts.' Sorry if this offends you. I think I can say the words as I myself am one as I am soon to turn 65. If the book reaches publication you will find it is a testimony to all the delightful older people I know and have known. They are prize jewels to me. They make me smile.

The people I know are what is right with our society. They are upbeat, positive and engaged in life. They encourage me to follow the same path, and Lord willing I will. They bring joy to my life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment