Sunday 14 October 2018

My Future

I will bless you with a future filled with hope—a future of success, not of suffering.
Jeremiah 29:11 CEVDC

The promise above was given to a nation in captivity and that captivity would last for 70 years. However, God was giving them hope in the future.

In 2004 I received a prophesy over my life. The crux was this: you're in for the ride of your life. Now, I have been on roller coasters and know that to reach the 'wheeee!' I first had to sit tight whilst the engine puffed and strained to escalate our cart to a height from which such a ride would result. I did not receive a time frame but knew that God was, indeed, going to give me the ride.

The chugging up the hill took 14 years and the downhill run has a few smaller rides before the larger one, but I am on the best part, the exhillarating downhill run.

My natural circumstances are slowly changing but in my spirit I see the big change and am not phased by the turmoil around me. You see, God gave me a dream back in 1995 which prepared me for the turmoil. I saw tornadoes spiking either side of the road I was on and I was comforting others knowing that I just needed to keep my eyes ahead, on the road.

Jesus told His disciples to seek first the kingdom and all else would follow. This is the same as looking into Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment