Thursday 18 October 2018

My Treasure


I treasure your word above all else; it keeps me from sinning against you.
Psalms 119:11 CEVDC

What do you treasure? I treasure peace and quiet, the presence of God, His word, open spaces. However, I have to ask myself 'do I love Gods word about loving others to the point of loving in difficult situations?'

Jesus tells us a lot about loving each other. We are to love others as we love ourselves. I endeavour to give myself the peace I desire. Others do not necessarily want peace but rather to talk and companionship. So, what do I need to do to make sure I can give others what they need? I need to spend time with the Lord and go into open spaces and pray. I need to top up before I give out.

When I am problem solving mode I need quiet to think and wait for God. What is He saying? What is His solutions? At these times chatter annoys me. So how can I be accepting of others in this time? Without grace it is difficult.

I need the Lord a lot, I need His word desperately. He is my song. Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment