Thursday 25 October 2018

Patiently Put up With Others

As a prisoner of the Lord, I beg you to live in a way that is worthy of the people God has chosen to be his own. Always be humble and gentle. Patiently put up with each other and love each other. Try your best to let God's Spirit keep your hearts united. Do this by living at peace.
Ephesians 4:1‭-‬3 CEVDC

I am grateful that Paul says: 'try your best to let Gods Spirit unite you.' We dont always get it right. When tired, hungry or stressed we can be crotchety and grumpy. It is bad news when both parties are the same. No grace or mercy is present and fights ensue.

Patiently put up with each other. Now, to do this we have to have a heart able and ready. To be able and ready we cannot be run ragged by circumstances. We must make space for peace to breed.

I know I need to belong to a connect group and it is a struggle as I don't hear all that is said or the speakers are too loud and my ears ring. I think a certain way and don't like beating around the bush. Last night I fell asleep in Connect group, not a good look.

Tonight I had a get together with a like minded woman and there was no chance that I would fall asleep. Loved it. However, I need both, it is good for me to do life with people that are not like me, grace is required here and they are loved by God just as much as me.

Sometimes we have to work at relationship, sometimes it flows. Both are good for us but neither are better. One requires patience, one doesn't. You can't eat icecream only, you need your vegetables as well. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment