Monday 1 October 2018

The Call


The Lord is near all who call out to Him, all who call out to Him with integrity. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry for help and saves them.
Psalms 145:18‭-‬19 HCSB

I love the Lord because He heard my voice. Psalm 116:1 I can rest secure as 116:7 says: 'return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountiful with me.'

When feeling pressed and hemmed in by others and circumstances we need to come aside into a spacious place and find the Lord. Our problem is not the 'others' or our 'circumstances' but us needing God in the midst of it all.

My mum is in hospital for a few days after a successful turnaround of her twisting bowel and I am grateful for space to spend with my God. He is the source of life for me, He is my strength and song when I am wrung out and dry. He alone has life that replenishes my soul.

Rest O my soul in God alone
He is good and His mercy is strong
His places are pleasant and refresh me
His company is my delight
He is my smile and my song. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment