Wednesday 10 October 2018

What is Freedom?


You are free, but still you are God's servants, and you must not use your freedom as an excuse for doing wrong.
1 Peter 2:16 CEVDC

When we are caught in a service and it becomes drudgery, is it because we need to be free or our attitude needs to be free? I find my spirit is free when my attitude is good rather than when I am resentful of the need.

Christ Himself was the freest of men and yet He served tirelessly. Yes He did escape to the mountains to spend time alone with God but, otherwise, He served three years straight.

I think the times we become resentful are the times our plans do not align with what befalls us. Feeling sorry for ourselves is not a part of service. Self-pity leads to resentment.

Many people my age are finished with work and then do a lot for their families either through babysitting or elder care. Both are valid and can be used greatly by God for His glory.

It is important that I seek Him and flow with Him, not against Him. Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment