Friday 2 November 2018

Respect and Serve


Respect and serve the Lord ! Your reward will be wealth, a long life, and honor.
Proverbs 22:4 CEVDC

Respect! This means I will not use your name in vain, I will value your word, listen to your opinion and honour Your ways, not denigrate Your decisions in my life.

Serve! I will submit to Your plans. I will not insist on my own ways. I will seek Your thoughts and ways.

Being a Christian in name only is not enough, I must be one in deed and truth. The world must know that I respect and serve the Lord. Does my words about others show respect, do I give honour?

If I respect the Lord then I honour His word and His instruction about how I treat others. Do I bring an evil report, do I criticize and malign others? Do I judge when I am told not to as this is God's role?

Lord have mercy! Help me to serve and respect You as You deserve today! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment