Saturday 27 April 2019

Blessed in the Valley

“You’re blessed when you feel you’ve lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you. Matthew 5:4 MSG

It is important to mourn. Grief is inevitable at some point in our lives. The children of Israel mourned the death of Moses for 30 days. The Jews do mourning well, as do many cultures, except the west. We could learn from those who do.

I remember being a nurse in an Australian city called Wollongong. In those days it was a steel city filled with many new Australians.

I studied midwifery, after completing general nursing. Mediterrian women knew how to groan, wail and let the world knew they suffered. I believe that by letting out their pain they were better for it.

Some grief is deeper than others amd takes longer to walk through. There is no easy fix. However I know whom I rather have with me, Jesus Christ. His presence in the valley makes it bearable.

Take time to read Psalm 23 again, out loud, and let Him in. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment