Friday 28 June 2019

Don't Worry

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6 NLT https://bible.com/bible/116/php.4.6.nlt

I am reminded of the song that has the line: 'Don't worry, be happy!' (Song by Bobby McFerrin) There is more to not worrying though, we need to give it away. We can give it to people but the worry stays and increases in magnitude. So, who can carry such a burden? Paul tells us to pray. I have found God the only one able to carry such a burden, in fact, He does not carry it but dissolves it and gives us back peace in the bargain.

In the Lord's prayer we see the prayer that acknowledges God as being mighty, first, then asks for daily needs, second, forgiveness third, and protection from evil, forth. Here we see three things that trouble us: lack, unforgiveness or conflict and temptation to do evil.

Having a clean heart is a heart free from trouble. Daily making sure we have a clean heart, free from burdens, forgiveness and evil intent is a good start.

Prayer, : Father, I honour You as God, I put you above all my anxieties. I ask, today, for Your provision, Your forgiveness, and I determine to forgive those who have offended me. Finally, Father, please keep me from evil. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment