let love be genuine

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:10 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/rom.12.10.NLT

Genuine love is tested, and foolproof. Half-hearted love is more interested in what pleases self.

Yesterday I was convicted of half-hearted love. I cooked for my astronomy club at Bunnings. With COVID19 the rules were onerous and I found myself complaining. Last night I had another friend over to play games, she had been through bowel cancer. She reminded me the rules were there for people like her, whose immunity was compromised.

I awake this morning and find a need to apologise for my behaviour. As a child of God I know I must respect the law, not flaunt it. While I could excuse my behaviour with reasonable reasons (to a worldly mind that is) the Holy Spirit convicts of a truth much deeper.

We cannot excuse the inexcusable. Sin is sin, love is genuine. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

No surrender to fear

Guard your heart