Wisdom

“If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I awoke after a troubling dream this morning. My daughter and son in law were in the dream. They were with me in a church service, however, I was not what you would call engaged with either the service or them and ended up being attacked by some wayward youths in the toilet. You might say I could have done with wisdom: to speak to family, to engage them in the service and to be engaged with what God was doing. I was off doing my own thing.

This scripture speaks to me. I must ask for wisdom and not just float along in the flesh. All night I was battling a headache and not feeling well. Why I did not rebuke it beats me. I put up with being attacked and had a bad night’s sleep. 

There are so many areas where I need to ask for wisdom: study, family, friends, and finance. Bumbling along is not good enough. The Spirit was given to us as a guide, but how many times do we ask for guidance?

Ask, and it shall be given! Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

No surrender to fear

Guard your heart