Thursday 30 May 2024

His truth

“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Is so important that we believe what God says about us, not what others say or what we feel. It is also important that we keep our eyes on Jesus and not on our circumstances, circumstances are what we travel through, not truth. David wrote: though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me (psalm 23).

Notice David said, ‘ the shadow of death’ not actual death. If you stand with the sun behind your shadow is large, yet if is before you your shadow is small. Position in relation to the sun (Son) is very relevant. Perspective in travel is important. 

I remember arguing with a friend about a road going up when in fact it was going down. There was an illusion that I believed to be correct. Had I been walking or riding a push bike, I would have gained perspective, however, because we were travelling in a car, I lost perspective.

We can lose perspective because of how we navigate through life. We can be so sure that our perspective is truth, when in fact it is a lie.

I must use all God gives me, including godly fellowship, the word of God and worship on my journey. He will lead me in all truth. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment