Thursday 11 July 2024

Bragging

“Love is large and incredibly patient. Love is gentle and consistently kind to all. It refuses to be jealous when blessing comes to someone else. Love does not brag about one’s achievements nor inflate its own importance.”1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭4‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Paul says the following about boasting:
“For: The one who boasts must boast in the Lord. So let’s be clear. To have the Lord’s approval and commendation is of greater value than bragging about oneself.” 2 Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭17‬-‭18‬ ‭TPT‬‬

I am mindful that Jesus had His Father’s approval:
“Then suddenly the voice of the Father shouted from the sky, saying, “This is my Son—the Beloved! My greatest delight is in him.” Matthew‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬ ‭TPT‬‬

I can rest in my Father’s approval, He loves me, He made me unique and gave me gifts to use for the benefit of His church. In myself, and from my own devices I can do nothing, however, as I walk in what He wants for me, I am blessed and favoured.

I am blessed and highly favoured of the Lord! I do not need to brag, He can do it for me. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment