Wednesday 24 July 2024

Drinking deeply

“I long to drink of you, O God, to drink deeply from the streams of pleasure flowing from your presence. My longings overwhelm me for more of you!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭42‬:‭1‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Alcohol is not a patch on the Spirit of God. His love is more fulfilling and refreshing than cool water on a hot day, than warm soup on a cold day.

 This psalm, written by one of the ‘sons of Korah’, is filled with a longing for God, presence. He is being taunted by his enemies and temporarily cut off from the ark of God. Although he is depressed by his circumstances he reminds himself of better times. He has disciplined his heart to wait for God. 

I can do this! Complaining will not be my portion. I will rejoice in my God for He is good. His love goes before me and in fact surrounds me. 

Today is the day for the funeral for my son in law’s father back in Tamworth NSW Australia. I cannot be present, however my church at home is facilitating the service. May Chis find his place in the Lord’s presence forever.

Today is a college day. I am learning new things! I am meeting new people. May Jesus be seen today! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment