Tuesday 23 July 2024

First love

“Our love for others is our grateful response to the love God first demonstrated to us.”1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭19‬ ‭TPT‬‬

A response to genuine love is an abundant love for others. Do you remember falling in love? The world was greener and you floated on a cloud. I remember the day I met Jesus, I was the happiest girl alive. This was my first love. Jesus had a word of rebuke to the church at Ephesus in the Book of Revelation, they had lost their first love and He threatened them to find it again or He would remove their lamp stand. That is a heavy word!

May I take this to heart and find it again. I was so grateful to have finally met Him, gratitude filled my heart. May gratitude carry me forward. May I remove everything that blocks gratitude and may I shine with His love. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment