Monday 15 July 2024

I waited…

“I waited and waited and waited some more, patiently, knowing God would come through for me. Then, at last, he bent down and listened to my cry. He stooped down to lift me out of danger from the desolate pit I was in, out of the muddy mess I had fallen into. Now he’s lifted me up into a firm, secure place and steadied me while I walk along his ascending path.”Psalms‬ ‭40‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Waiting is not fun: waiting at hospitals, airports, government departments (immigration) can be deadly boring and frustraring, but can also be a time to seek the Lord. Recently I waited for four hours in immigration for my visa stamp. They tussled over the lack of stamps on my college receipts but finally gave way and approved them. While I waited I read my bible Ap. It kept me centered and spoke life into my heart in the waiting.

Waiting on God is fun in a retreat with others. A girlfriend and I are planning a retreat to a lovely part of a Nepal in two weeks, just for the weekend. I have a beautiful waiting on God study in my bible Ap and will take it along. My friend and I both love trekking and we will go out to different places to worship and pray.

Waiting on God for answers to prayer requires endurance. The Lord warned me a long time ago that I would need this attribute. He was right. My wait has been long. However, the fruit is coming.

Yesterday He surprised me. My son is involved in Random Acts of Worship at various places in Brisbane Australia and is beginning to draw a crowd. He has inspired me, as ai have inspired me. Next Saturday on my trek I am taking my ukulele, and my friend and I will sing worship choruses along the way. A particular spot I like is a lake with water lillies on it. It draws a crowd.

Times of worship takes the Holy Spirit out into the open and releases His beautiful presence. It is Him who changes things.

See the wait as space for Him! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment