Monday 29 July 2024

Strip it off

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

We all have fleshly tendencies unless we are walking in the Spirit. Judging and complaining are two that are common. I find myself doing these unless I am mindfully aware of my conversation. I don’t like them in others and therefore others must not like them in me. They are not helpful and can lead to offence and separation of friends.

We then have routines playing or in our minds of what we can say to the person who has caused us grief. What happened to praying for the people and trusting the Lord for the outcome?

Yesterday I found myself stuck here. I repented and prayed. I have a young Nepali paying  out guilt on me because I will not attend his fellowship group, telling me I do not care or love he and his wife. As ai don’t like to hurt people this is playing on my emotions. I talked this over with my American friend as she has lived in Nepal for sixteen years. She explained how things work. I do care for them and pray for them but will not be obligated to do what they want as I know where it will lead. Rather than me working out the answer I went to God and prayed. Peace came.

I will continue to pray. This man is God’s son and He is the best Farher! Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment