Wednesday 17 July 2024

What is important?

“Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭31‬:‭30‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Raising young girls to love the Lord and obey His commands is important. I have two granddaughters and both have been raised in a Christian environment. The youngest has a father who passionately loves the Lord.

As I write this I think back to my own daughter at four in the back seat of my car praying with me in tongues so that we could get a break in the traffic. We lived in an estate that was bordered by a busy road and at times it was busier than others. 

Parenting as pastors can be tricky. Peopel always want your attention and your children can learn to be quiet and not speak up when they also have a need. I think this was the case for my daughter more so than my son. As a consequence she pulled back.

We can spend so much time before a mirror as women and try to make ourselves presentable to those we meet. Often times women waste time and money on things that just aren’t important. We colour our hair, have our nails done our faces done etc. now that I live with two younger Nepali women and see them preen I realsie how empty it was all those years I also did it.


No comments:

Post a Comment