Thursday 1 August 2024

Joy

“Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.”1 Corinthians‬ ‭9‬:‭24‬-‭25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

One prize I love is joy. My journey with the Lord brings me joy. Today, after only three hours sleep I went to college. Today we learned about family terms and then moved on the days of the week. As my teacher at home, Martha, taught me a song to sing to help remember the days I performed it for the class. You have to remember I am 70 and here I was out the front of class dancing and singing. They all loved it. So did I, just quietly.

I returned home, had lunch with Martha and then a lesson with her. This one is more advanced and deals with speaking sentences and correct grammar use. I then crashed for around four hours of delightful sleep. When I awoke Martha had guests. She asked me to help entertain the two men while she cooked. I taught them a card game and won. It was fun. When we were about to eat the cousin asked if we said grace and so we sang grace. The two men are not yet believers. One is returning to Dubai tomorrow. He may well be going into a war zone. We will pray for his protection.

Remember to enjoy the Lord’s strength and keep joy ever present. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment