Tuesday 8 October 2024

Drink deeply

“Drink deeply of the pleasures of this God. Experience for yourself the joyous mercies he gives to all who turn to hide themselves in him.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34‬:‭8‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Some versions of the Bible write ‘taste and see’ that the Lors is good. However the root word ‘see’ is taken from a word that means to drink deeply. The Passion Translation writes it beautifully.

The Lord is good and His mercies endures forever. Amen! I need to hide in Him, when pain comes; when attacks come; when disasters come. He is a safe place, a well-watered place, a restful place, a green pasture place. Amen!

I am enjoying spring in Australia. I am grateful for the reprieve. I return to Nepal on Friday where debris and dirt will welcome me. The floods causes much damage. Fortunately my home is safe but the roads are a mess. By God’s grace I will be a blessing! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment