God’s home

“I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21‬:‭3‬-‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

These things will happen in heaven. No more sorrow and pain, no more death. 

My friend has just lost his mother. It was expected but yesterday he grieved. I remember when I lost my mother. I got through the actual dying but when we called the ambulance to have her body taken the police arrived. This was a horrible interruption. However, we discovered it was standard when there was no death certificate. After explanation and investigation the truth was discovered and mum’s body was released to go.

This rude occurrence deepened the grief. For my friend being away from home deepened the grief. Grief is an unusual beast that behaves in its own illogical way.

Praise God no more death to mourn in heaven! When God is present life abounds forever. He is the way, the truth and the life!

Today, here on earth, my friends and I will hire bicycles to ride around Copenhagen. I pray we are all still alive at days end. Yesterday, we took a boat tour of the canals, had lunch beside the canal in a boat and climber the 400 steps of The Saviour’s church. We then drove to Sweden for a short visit. An eventful day!

A glorious, sunny day is before us! Praise God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing to others

Power to live a godly life

No surrender to fear